Standing qigong is used to build energy (qi) and facilitate
the mind to quieten, and for you to become fully present, mindful of the now. A strange thing happened during this morning’s
practice. As I observed my mind whizzing
through a 1,001 things (just watching and endeavouring not to become involved in a dialogue) I became aware of a ‘chomping’ sound. As I tried not to get caught up in the ‘noise’,
just notice and let it go, it became louder and louder. A sound I most associate with some form of
herbivore chomping grass. However, I was
standing by Elly on a campsite where the only animals around, apart from the birds,
were of the human kind, and almost all tucked up in their respective ‘modules’!
After more minutes of chomping, I allowed my eyelids to
flutter open just a little and scan for the looming chomper, but nothing
visible. Eyes shut and try to let it all
dissolve, but still, ‘chomp, chomp …’.
This time when I took a peak I could see a molehill appearing just feet, from my feet! I spent the rest of the
30 minutes wondering if it might emerge between my feet, and who would be the
more startled! Of course had I been
Bisong I would probably have struck up a conversation with it!
It’s been beautiful here today, about 21 degrees, scattered
clouds and a gentle breeze. Perfect
weather for cycling over to Devizes, about 6.5 miles from our current location. I was hoping to post a picture of the route
profile but I don’t appear to have the right software on the netbook anymore. Suffice to say I had to cycle over a mountain
to get there, at least a Munro I should say! Edit - aha, I have managed to download required software ... here's the mountain!
A very pleasant few hours were spent chatting with a friend
from many years back. In fact I’ve known her almost as long as Mr Grok.
Will sign off here, stuffed chicken (the Paleo Primer
recipe) is nearly done. Been lovely not
having to drive anywhere today. Tomorrow
we head for Surrey, about a 100 mile hop north East from here and the wedding
countdown begins in earnest. Hope this
weather holds (says she sheltering under a parasol … J )

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello, nice to see you are about to make a comment!